Alcohol Unit Calculator
Alcohol Units are calculated by taking the Volume (mls) and multiplying it by the alcohol by volume ABV % and finally dividing that by 1000. The exact formula is; (Volume mls x ABV %) / 1000
For example, 330ml of 5% ABV lager will be:
[330 x 5 = 1650] / 1000 = 1.7 units.
For convenience we have added this formula into the above calculator to save you time.
Responsible drinking means that we should be tracking be tracking how much alcohol we consume, but how many of us really know what a unit of alcohol is?
There’s hundreds of different drinks, glass / bottle sizes its almost impossible to keep track of the amount of alcohol units you drink.
For that very reason, Your Fitness Tools® have designed this Alcohol Unit Calculator to help you drink responsibly and to keep track of the units and calories you consume from alcohol. We believe that knowing and understanding the units you are going to or are consuming will help you stay in control of your drinking.
- To reduce the health risks associated with alcohol you should try the following;
- Both Men and Women are advised not to drink more than 14 units a week on a regular basis.
- Try spread your alcohol consumption over 3 or more days if you regularly drink 14 units per week.
- Try have several drink free days per week if you want to reduce your alcohol unit consumption.
- Fourteen units is equivalent to 6 pints of average-strength beer or 10 small glasses of low-strength wine.